- Special material; stainless steel, non-leaded steel, carbon, exotic, etc.
- Custom Dimensions or features; dogpoint, special threads, square or multi-lobular drive.
- Special plating or coating; zinc-alloy, cadmium, organic, nickel, super-sealer, passivate, gold color.
- Special O-ring material; Viton, Buna N, fluoropolymer, PTFE, special durometer
NWD Zero Leak
The NWD design of dual-seal, zero-leak O-ring plug was developed and patented as a direct-replacement fitting for SAEJ1926 and ISO 6149 (Metric) port applications. Performance is greatly enhanced due to the additional metal-to-metal seal. Millions of NWD Zero-Leak plugs and fittings have replaced standard SAE parts with these advantages:
- Fittings will seal in the absence of the o-ring.
- Taper provides high unit loading of metal-to-metal seal.
- Better O-ring performance; the O-ring is not being used as a gasket.
- Interchanges into current SAE ports using same assembly tools and methods.
- Better vibration, temperature, and pressure spike resistance due to taper lock.
- Lower assembly torque required, higher resistance to thread stripping.
- Allows plugs to be cold-formed for more advantages.